Testing Black Mura Gradient to German Flat Panel Display Forum (DFF) Standards
Developed by the “German Automotive Work Group Displays” standard body (including BMW, Volkswagon, Audi, Daimler, and Porsche), and published by the German Flat Panel Display Forum (DFF), the Black Mura Standard is a standard measurement method for evaluating uniformity in automotive displays. Radiant TrueTest™ Software offers several advantages for testing to the Black Mura standard, including API interface for synchronous control and testing of images on the display device, automated test sequencing for rapid display feature testing, ability to identify and grade various types of mura, electronically-controlled lens settings for Dynamic Filtering to defocus the lens for automatic moiré removal and provide quick re-focusing for other display tests, and gradient filtering for removal of broad gradient changes across the display to ensure this gradient is not a factor of Black Mura analysis.
In this technical note, you will learn:
- Importance of DFF Black Mura Standard for evaluating uniformity of automotive displays
- A method for using Radiant ProMetric Imaging Colorimeters and Photometers for Black Mura testing
- Display and camera setup parameters and alignment accuracy checklist
- Automated test sequence for rapid pass/fail analysis of displays based on luminance, contrast, and gradient
- TrueTest Software advantages for Black Mura analysis