ProMetric Y Family
The ProMetric® Y family of rugged, small-form-factor imaging photometers is optimized to test displays, keyboards, assemblies, and cosmetic surfaces in high-volume production settings. The sophisticated measurement performance of this photometer combined with configurable analysis software and local engineering expertise delivers a complete production test solution.
The ProMetric® Y delivers reliable test results and analysis to improve quality and control costs:
- Faster measurements deliver shorter cycle times
- Objective quantification is superior to subjective human inspection
- Faster, more accurate test analysis improves yield
High-Resolution, Scientific-Grade Image Sensors
Each ProMetric Y Imaging Photometer employs a scientific-grade image sensor that is optimized for low image noise to provide accurate, repeatable measurements. ProMetric cameras are designed to maximize resolution and dynamic range to ensure imaging performance. ProMetric Y supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications.
- 2-megapixel (1600 x 1200)
- 16-megapixel (4896 x 3264)
- 29-megapixel (6576 x 4384)
- 43-megapixel (8040 x 5360)
- 45-megapixel (8192 x 5460)
- 61-megapixel (9568 x 6380)
Delivering Smart Technology™ Innovations
- Smart Control™ for fast, precise setup: Smart Control allows you to electronically adjust both focus and aperture settings of your lens.
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high-accuracy results: ProMetric cameras offer a variety of electronically controlled lenses, each calibrated over a wide range of working distances and aperture settings. ProMetric systems monitor focal distance and aperture settings and automatically applies the correct flat field calibration, greatly simplifying setup and ensuring accurate measurement results.
For highly accurate color and light measurements that match values perceived by the human eye, Radiant cameras and lenses are calibrated to obtain absolute data in any environment. Factory calibration procedures are performed on each Radiant camera to enable traceability to national standards such as NRL, ETL, PTB, and NIST. (Is traceability of your measurement system a critical part of your application? Contact Radiant for additional options and support.)
Each Radiant camera and lens pair can also be calibrated for unique applications, in the factory or in the field, ensuring consistency regardless of variation in:
- Focal Distance: Flat-field calibration; Image scaling
- Device Spectral Power Distribution (SPD): Luminance calibration; Color calibrations, such as one-color calibration, four-color calibration (depending on RGB or single-color emitters); LED and white phosphor LED calibration
- Lensing effects: Distortion calibration (if applicable)
Before (left) and after calibration to remove distortion.
Key Features and Highlights
- High Speed: Minimum measurement time (photopic) as fast as 0.2 seconds
- High-resolution sensor options
- Available in photometric and radiometric models
- Multiple lens options: 20 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 100 mm macro, and 200 mm
- ProMetric control and analysis software is standard. TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software and other software modules optional.
ProMetric software includes API support, and provides complete measurement control and Point-of-Interest/Region-of-Interest functionality. In addition, the ProMetric Y imaging photometers are backed by the industry's best product warranty, including direct access to the Radiant Vision Systems technical support team to maximize the utility of your application. For automated testing, ProMetric Y is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest Software—and specialized software modules—for high-volume manufacturing of displays, smartphones, notebooks and more.
Awards and Recognition
The Radiant ProMetric Y Imaging Photometer has been honored with these awards for innovation: