Methods for Measuring Small Defects in Automotive Curved Displays
Curved displays offer manufacturers new design flexibility for vehicle interiors, but also introduce challenges for display measurement. This paper presents the results of several lab tests measuring a 1500R LED-lit curved display using an imaging colorimeter and analysis software to evaluate the effectiveness of various methods and system specifications to optimize the accuracy of small defect detection (pixels and lines) in automotive curved displays.
In this White Paper, you will learn:
- The impact of curved displays on automotive design and human visual comfort
- Radiant parameters for lab-based testing of line and pixel defect analysis in curved displays
- Results of testing based on the application of various system resolutions (to 16 megapixels) and depths of field (to F/13)
- Results of testing based on the use of different test methods, including single-channel analysis, multi-channel analysis, and multi-image analysis
- Recommended curved display test methods for labs and production environments