Quantifying Human Vision: Using Photometry-based Imaging Systems for Cosmetic Surface Inspection
Consumers of electronics expect a flawless device right out of the box. Scratches, dents, smudges or other imperfections can damage your brand's reputation or result in product returns. Manufacturers typically rely on human inspectors for visual quality control, but humans can be subject to fatigue and inconsistency. Radiant's surface inspection solution—part of our Advanced Vision suite—combines the speed and repeatability of automation with the acuity of true human vision.
In this technical guide, you will learn:
- Components of a photometry-based machine vision system
- Scientific-grade imaging system
- Sophisticated software algorithms
- Benefits of "Just Noticeable Difference" evaluations for detecting defects
- Applications for inspecting particles location on or under glass
- Capabilities of Radiant Advanced Vision solutions
Get the document
How can we help?
Please complete the following fields and we’ll follow up with you promptly.