Fast, small-format Photometers optimized for display test and cosmetic inspection in production environments.
ProMetric® Y is a series of high-performance imaging photometers designed for high-volume production testing of displays, smartphones, tablets, notebooks, keyboards, and lighting products.
ProMetric Y Family
The ProMetric Y delivers reliable test results and analysis to improve quality and control costs:
- Faster measurements deliver shorter cycle times
- Objective quantification is superior to subjective human inspection
- Faster, more accurate test analysis improves yield
The ProMetric® Y2 uses a scientific-grade 2-megapixel (1600 x 1200) CCD sensor that is thermoelectrically cooled to provide accurate, repeatable 12-bit measurements. The Y16 provides more resolution with a 16-megapixel (4896 x 3264) CCD sensor. The Y29 provides even higher resolution with a 29-megapixel (6576 x 4384) CCD sensor. Each ProMetric Y supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications.
Delivering Smart Technology™ innovations including:
- Smart Control™ for fast, precise setup: Smart Control allows you to electronically adjust both focus and aperture settings of your lens.
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high-accuracy results: ProMetric Y offers a variety of electronically controlled lenses, each calibrated over a wide range of working distances and aperture settings. ProMetric Y monitors focal distance and aperture settings and automatically applies the correct flat field calibration, greatly simplifying setup and ensuring accurate measurement results.
For automated testing, ProMetric Y is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest™ automated visual inspection and PM-KB™ Illuminated Keyboard Testing Software. This turn-key system is ideal for high-volume manufacturing of displays, smartphones, notebooks and more.
Key Features and Highlights:
- High Speed: Minimum measurement time (photopic) to 0.3 seconds
- High resolution, to 29 megapixels
- IR measurements, using the IR-PMY2, IR-PMY16, and IR-PMY29 Radiometer models
- Multiple lens options: 20 mm, 35 mm, 50 mm, 100 mm macro, and 200 mm
- ProMetric control and analysis software is standard. TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software and PM-KB Software are optional.
ProMetric software includes API support, and provides complete measurement control and Point-of-Interest/Region-of-Interest functionality. In addition, the ProMetric Y imaging photometers are backed by the industry's best product warranty, including direct access to the Radiant Vision Systems technical support team to maximize the utility of your application.