ProMetric I Family
The ProMetric® I family of imaging colorimeters offers the industry's leading imaging solution for calibrated luminance and chromaticity measurement. The system's internal tristimulus color filter provides an innate spectral response that aligns with standard CIE color-matching functions, while high-resolution imaging captures and analyzes millions of values at once across large fields of view and depths of field.
ProMetric I features Smart Technology™ features that simplify operation and provide more accurate measurement results. For example, the electronically controlled focus and aperture setting provides calibrated measurements over a wide range of working distances and field of view. This greatly simplifies measurement set up and allows fully-automated remote configuration of your production test systems
High-Resolution, Scientific-Grade Image Sensors
Each ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter employs a scientific-grade image sensor optimized for low image noise to provide accurate, repeatable measurements. ProMetric cameras are designed to maximize resolution and dynamic range to ensure imaging performance. ProMetric Y supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications.
- 2-megapixel (1600 x 1200)
- 8-megapixel (3296 x 2472)
- 29-megapixel (6576 x 4384)
- 61-megapixel (9568 x 6380)
Purpose-Built for High-Speed Manufacturing
A production line is a harsh environment and reliable communications can be a challenge. ProMetric I supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications, providing highly reliable operation over long distances, even in the most demanding manufacturing environments.
ProMetric I is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software from Radiant. TrueTest provides a complete, turnkey solution for high-volume manufacturing of displays, illuminated keyboards and lighting products, with test sequencing interface to perform multiple inspections in-line in a matter of seconds. Whether you need to increase your test coverage or reduce test time for automated visual inspection, ProMetric I is designed specifically for your application.
Delivering Smart Technology™ Innovations
- Smart Control™ for fast, precise setup: Smart Control allows you to electronically adjust both focus and aperture settings of your lens.
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high-accuracy results: ProMetric cameras offer a variety of electronically controlled lenses, each calibrated over a wide range of working distances and aperture settings. ProMetric systems monitor focal distance and aperture settings and automatically applies the correct flat field calibration, greatly simplifying setup and ensuring accurate measurement results.
- Smart Touch™ to enable touch input via an integrated touchscreen display interface on the ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter, which simplifies camera setup and control.
For highly accurate color and light measurements that match values perceived by the human eye, Radiant cameras and lenses are calibrated to obtain absolute data in any environment. Factory calibration procedures are performed on each Radiant camera to enable traceability to national standards such as NRL, ETL, PTB, and NIST. (Is traceability of your measurement system a critical part of your application? Contact Radiant for additional options and support.)
Each Radiant camera and lens pair can also be calibrated for unique applications, in the factory or in the field, ensuring consistency regardless of variation in:
- Focal Distance: Flat-field calibration; Image scaling
- Device Spectral Power Distribution (SPD): Luminance calibration; Color calibrations, such as one-color calibration, four-color calibration (depending on RGB or single-color emitters); LED and white phosphor LED calibration
- Lensing effects: Distortion calibration (if applicable)
Before (left) and after calibration to remove distortion.
ProMetric I Key Features and Highlights
- High-speed, high-resolution image sensors, with better than 59dB dynamic range
- CIE-matched color filters and neutral density filters, closely matches human visual perception
- Multiple lens choices with Smart Calibration™ for a wide range of distance and aperture settings
- Comes standard with Radiant ProMetric Software for light analysis and camera control
- Works seamlessly with Radiant TrueTest Automated Visual Inspection test sequencing platform for automated applications
ProMetric I imaging colorimeter systems include Radiant Vision Systems ProMetric Software with API support, which provides complete measurement control and Point-of-Interest/Region-of-Interest functionality. In addition, the ProMetric I imaging colorimeters are backed by the industry's best product warranty, including direct access to the Radiant Vision Systems technical support team to maximize the benefits for your application. For automated testing, ProMetric I is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest Software—and specialized software modules—for high-volume manufacturing of displays, smartphones, notebooks and more.
Awards and Recognition
The ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter has been honored with these awards for innovation: