The World's Fastest and Most Accurate High-Resolution Imaging Colorimeters.
The ProMetric® I family of imaging colorimeters is designed to address the demands for high-volume manufacturing of displays, illuminated keyboards and LED lighting products. Whether you need to expand test coverage or increase throughput, ProMetric I delivers the required performance for highly accurate color and luminance measurements in an automated manufacturing environment.
ProMetric I is built around scientific-grade CCD sensors, ranging in resolution from 2 megapixels in the I2 to 29 megapixels in the I29. These sensors enable pixel-level measurements of displays, inter- and intra-character luminance measurements on lighted keyboards, and accurate measurements of LED luminance and color in luminaires with large LED arrays.
ProMetric I Family
ProMetric I contains Smart Technology™ features that simplify operation and provide more accurate measurement results. For example, the electronically controlled focus and aperture setting provides calibrated measurements over a wide range of working distances and field of view. This greatly simplifies measurement set up and allows fully-automated remote configuration of your production test systems
High-Resolution, Scientific-Grade CCD Sensors
The ProMetric I2 uses a scientific-grade, 2-megapixel (1600 x 1200) CCD sensor that is thermoelectrically cooled to provide accurate, repeatable 12-bit measurements. The ProMetric I8 and ProMetric I16 offer 8-megapixel (3296 x 2472) and 16-megapixel (4896 x 3264) CCD sensors, respectively. The newest member of the I Series family, the ProMetric I29, is a 29-megapixel (6576 x 4384) model, built to provide high resolution and the fastest possible cycle times.
Purpose-Built for High-Speed Manufacturing
A production line is a harsh environment and reliable communications can be a challenge. ProMetric I supports high-speed USB and Ethernet communications, providing highly reliable operation over long distances, even in the most demanding manufacturing environments.
ProMetric I is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest™ Automated Visual Inspection Software from Radiant. TrueTest provides a complete, turnkey solution for high-volume manufacturing of displays, illuminated keyboards and lighting products, with test sequencing interface to perform multiple inspections in-line in a matter of seconds. Whether you need to increase your test coverage or reduce test time for automated visual inspection, ProMetric I is designed specifically for your application.
Delivering Smart Technology™ innovations including:
- Smart Control™ for fast, precise setup: Smart Control allows you to electronically adjust both focus and aperture settings of your lens.
- Smart Calibration™ for automatic high-accuracy results: ProMetric cameras offer a variety of electronically controlled lenses, each calibrated over a wide range of working distances and aperture settings. ProMetric systems monitor focal distance and aperture settings and automatically applies the correct flat field calibration, greatly simplifying setup and ensuring accurate measurement results.
- Smart Touch™ to enable touch input via an integrated touchscreen display interface on the ProMetric I Imaging Colorimeter, which simplifies camera setup and control.
For highly accurate color and light measurements that match values perceived by the human eye, Radiant cameras and lenses are calibrated to obtain absolute data in any environment. Factory calibration procedures are performed on each Radiant camera to enable traceability to national standards such as NRL, ETL, PTB, and NIST. (Is traceability of your measurement system a critical part of your application? Contact Radiant for additional options and support.)
Each Radiant camera and lens pair can also be calibrated for unique applications, in the factory or in the field, ensuring consistency regardless of variation in:
- Focal Distance: Flat-field calibration; Image scaling
- Device Spectral Power Distribution (SPD): Luminance calibration; Color calibrations, such as one-color calibration, four-color calibration (depending on RGB or single-color emitters); LED and white phosphor LED calibration
- Lensing effects: Distortion calibration (if applicable)
Before distortion calibration
After distortion calibration
ProMetric I Key Features and Highlights:
- High-speed, high-resolution, interline-cooled CCDs, with better than 61dB dynamic range
- CIE-matched color filters and neutral density filters, closely matches human visual perception
- Multiple lens choices with Smart Calibration™ for a wide range of distance and aperture settings
- Comes standard with Radiant ProMetric Software for light analysis and camera control
- Works seamlessly with Radiant TrueTest Automated Visual Inspection test sequencing platform for automated applications
ProMetric I imaging colorimeter systems include Radiant Vision Systems ProMetric Software with API support, which provides complete measurement control and Point-of-Interest/Region-of-Interest functionality. In addition, the ProMetric I imaging colorimeters are backed by the industry's best product warranty, including direct access to the Radiant Vision Systems technical support team to maximize the benefits for your application. For automated testing, ProMetric I is optimized to work with the industry-leading TrueTest Software—and specialized software modules—for high-volume manufacturing of displays, smartphones, notebooks and more.
Radiant's ProMetric I Series of imaging colorimeters meets the requirements of high-speed production operations, combining the benefits of automation with the accuracy of human visual perception to address a range of applications:
- Color and luminance testing of displays
- Light measurement and characterization of LED products
- Appearance uniformity testing of illuminated instrument clusters and keypads